Acne, although very common, can also be very debilitating and cause a negative impact on your life including body confidence and low self-esteem. It’s mostly thought of as being a teenage affliction. However, one recent study of over 90 private dermatology clinics, found a two hundred percent rise in the number of adults seeking specialist acne treatment!
The causes can be anything from hormonal changes to stress and poor diet. Sadly, those seeking solace in over-the-counter acne treatments will find that the majority contain harsh chemicals that could do more harm than good in the long-term. However, NatraSan, which is completely natural and kills 99.9999% of bacteria, can be used as a gentle alternative acne treatment.
Why do we get acne?
Acne is caused by the over-production of sebaceous gland oil. This oil naturally comes out of our pores but if there is too much, it can block the pores – causing red spots and blemishes to form.
Sebaceous glands will over-produce oil if our hormones are out of balance (more commonly in females), we are stressed (due to the rise in cortisol) or we have a poor diet (bad digestion and too many ‘bad fats’). Keeping skin clean is also important to avoid any grime building up and clogging pores.
Research has shown acne is becoming more common in adults and this is potentially due to work related stress, family commitments (particularly if you have a young family to take care of), lack of available time to unwind and an increase in processed foods.
What can we do it about it?
There is a huge variety of over-the-counter acne treatments, but these often contain harsh chemicals and may leaving scarring.
However, there are lots of natural treatments you can try to help clear up any problematic areas. We’ve provided some of our top tips below.
- Try to maintain a healthy, fresh diet and avoid eating fatty foods and sugary snacks as much as possible
- Avoid squeezing your spots, it will increase the chances of scarring
- Try to reduce your stress levels by putting aside some designated time for yourself each week to relax and unwind
- Keep make-up brushes, pillows, and phones germ-free – simply spritz with some NatraSan and allow to dry naturally
- Consider getting your hormones tested – an imbalance could be the cause of your acne and therefore treatable
- Cleanse your skin twice daily with a NatraSan soaked cotton wool pad. NatraSan’s anti-bacterial and pH neutral formula will help to clear up any bacteria left on the skin
- Use oil-free moisturisers or natural brands suitable for acne-prone skin
Where to pick up NatraSan First Aid Spray
As well as a handy 100ml Travel Buddy, NatraSan is also available in a family-sized 250ml bottle and can be purchased online here.
Sophia from West Sussex is one of our many delighted NatraSan customers. Over three months, Sophia saw a remarkable improvement in her acne – take a look at these before and after pictures and you’ll be amazed at the results!