In regard to the many enquiries we have had regarding the effectiveness of NatraSan against the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19. It is important to state that no branded antiseptic or disinfection product that we know of has yet been tested against this specific virus. No responsible company can therefore make a specific claim that their product will kill it.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is a betacoronavirus. These types of virus are generally considered to have a low resistance to effective disinfection products.
Our hypochlorous (HOCl) technology has been tested successfully in every case against several types of coronavirus and has been independently tested in UK laboratories to the following European standard EN 14476 (Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of viricidal activity in the medical area). This test is the benchmark for effectiveness against Coronaviruses.
Remember NatraSan is alcohol free, skin friendly, non-sting and much faster acting than conventional alcohol-based sanitizers. With this virus you need to kill it fast.
Harnessing the power of the human immune system.
NatraSan is an advanced antiseptic and disinfectant with the active ingredient Hypochlorous acid (HOCl). Hypochlorous is the biocide produced in all human immune systems.
NatraSan kills all types of germs on contact, but as it is part of the human body it is completely benign to human skin and tissue.
- Multi-purpose, NatraSan can be used as an antiseptic on the skin, as a skin sanitiser and as a disinfectant to sanitise hard and soft surfaces.
- NatraSan is bactericidal, viricidal, fungicidal and sporicidal.
- Contains no harmful chemicals, alcohol, preservatives or essential oils.
- Ingredients: Water, salt (saline solution), hypochlorous acid (HOCl) only.
- We supply our hypochlorous to health providers around the world. These organisations have switched to our products because they are far faster at killing pathogens than their previous alcohol based products.
- Always use biocides safely. Read the product instructions before use.
The active ingredient of NatraSan is hypochlorous acid (HOCl). Hypochlorous is approved for human use as a skin disinfectant under the EU Biocidal Products Legislation EU528 (2012). This means every element of our hypochlorous technology has been tested for safety and efficacy. It is also approved as a hard/soft surface sanitiser.