In regard to the many enquiries we have had regarding the effectiveness of NatraSan against the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19. It is important to state that no branded antiseptic or disinfection product that we know of has yet been tested against this specific virus. No responsible company can therefor make a specific claim that their product will kill it.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is a betacoronavirus. These types of virus are generally considered to have a low resistance to effective disinfection products.
NatraSan has been tested successfully in every case against several types of coronavirus and has been independently tested in UK laboratories to the following European standard EN 14476 (Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of virucidal activity in the medical area). This test is the benchmark for effectiveness against Coronaviruses.
Remember NatraSan is alcohol free, skin friendly and much faster acting than conventional alcohol-based sanitizers. With this virus you need to kill it fast.
Harnessing the power of the human immune system.
NatraSan is an advanced antiseptic and disinfectant with the active ingredient Hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous is the biocide produced in all human immune systems.
NatraSan kills all types of germs on contact, but as it is part of the human body it is completely benign to human skin and tissue.
- Multi-purpose, NatraSan can be used as an antiseptic on the skin, as a skin sanitiser and as a disinfectant to sanitise hard and soft surfaces.
- NatraSan can be used in and around eyes, ears and mouth.
- Contains no harmful chemicals, alcohol, preservatives or essential oils.
- Ingredients: Water, salt (saline solution), hypochlorous only.
- Kills 99.9999% of germs on contact. Independently tested to the following standards: BSEN 1276 (Bacterial), BSEN 14476 (Virucidal), BSEN 13697 (Fungicidal), BSEN 13704 (Sporicidal).
- We supply our hypochlorous to health providers around the world. These organisations have switched to our products because they are far faster at killing pathogens than their previous alcohol based products.
NatraSan is compliant with EU biocidal products legislation EU528 (2012). This means every element of the product has been tested by the EU Competent Authority for safety, efficacy and shelf life. NatraSan is approved for human topical use as well as for hard surface disinfection.